Landlord Tennant Attorneys serving Mount Prospect and Orland Park Illinois areas
Disputes between landlords and tenants have the possibility of degenerating into extensive, time consuming issues. A landlord/tenant dispute arises when either party does not live up to their part of the agreement set out in the rental contract, and can involve issues on the part of the tenants such as:
- Continual late payment or non-payment of rent.
- Damages to the rental property.
- Violation of pet agreements.
- Smoking indoors in a property that is contractually nonsmoking.
- Illegal subletting or having more than the agreed-upon number of tenants residing at the property.
- Operating a business out of the rental property.
- Conducting illegal activities out of the rental property.
- Keeping “junked” vehicles on the premises.
- Abandoning a rental property, or “breaking a lease”.
Or on the part of the landlord such as:
- Illegal evictions.
- Illegal entry into the property.
- Illegal lock-outs.
- False or misleading representations of the condition or features of the property.
- Failure to maintain the condition of the property in the manner required by law.
- Failure to equip the property with devices required by law.
- Failure to make repairs necessary for the habitability of the property.
- Hidden fees.
- Illegally withholding security deposits.
- Illegally keeping tenant’s personal property.
Additional Landlord Issues
Landlords will find themselves in need of additional services beyond those of tenants. A tenant will only require the assistance of an attorney when an issue has arisen, landlords as a matter of course often need legal help with issues such as drafting leases and addendum agreements, ensuring their compliance with local and Federal statutes, and dealing with other issues that arise from operating a business. Regardless of the size of your rental business, from a single family home to several multi-unit complexes, consulting regularly with an attorney about any potential changes or general concerns can prevent potentially catastrophic exposure in the future.
Cohen Jutla Dovitz Makowka, LLC.: Mount Prospect and Orland Park Landlord/Tenant Solutions
The statutes governing the interactions between landlords and tenants are complex, and disputes between them are often contentious. At Cohen Jutla Dovitz Makowka, LLC our real estate experience makes us particularly well suited to assist clients on either side of landlord/tenant issues: whether you have a tenant that has quit paying rent or is damaging your rental property, or you are a tenant with a landlord who has begun eviction proceedings against you or is illegally withholding your security deposit, our attorneys can help. As with many areas of the law, time is critical in these matters, and the sooner you retain an attorney the better your eventual outcome likely will be. Speak with a representative of Cohen Jutla Dovitz Makowka, LLC today, online or by telephone at (847) 282-0155, to discuss your situation and learn about your options.